How to Fix Sending Receiving Outlook Error 0x800ccc0d
Is another error message (Outlook error 0x800ccc0d) bothering you and not allowing to send/receive emails in Microsoft Outlook. Errors in Outlook, codes & related messages are common for users and Microsoft have very well explained about each error's cause and their solutions on their official help support website.
But, at some point most of users want to know about these errors in simple and easiest way so they can fix it quickly.
Microsoft Outlook sending reported error 0x800ccc0d belongs among the directory of the Outlook's errors which generally occurs due to the wrong assigned account settings to servers. If Outlook's users are encountering this sending reported error 0x800ccc0d, then following given error message appears on their screen.
Error Message: The server could not be found. (Account:account name, POPserver:'mail', Error Number: 0x800ccc0d).
As the message of this sending error 0x800ccc0d defines that email client (Microsoft Outlook) is somehow not able to find the server, so it can not establish a connection and execute proper sending or receiving of emails/messages.
Therefore, there is need to make changes in the account settings to get the solution of most common user's query "Outlook error 0x800ccc0d how do I fix it".
Note : The Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc0d is common for both Outlook & Outlook Express (OE) and to fix it users can use the given methods.
Resolve error code 0x800ccc0d in MS-Outlook:
The other method that can be tried to fix the error code: 0x800ccc0e; are metioned below:
- Click on "File" and go to the "Account Settings" button under the "Info" and then again hit on "Account Settings".
- Now, you will be on the other window screen of account settings where you have to select or open a particular email address (from the email tab) by using "Change" button.
- In the "Change E-mail Account" window, move the cursor on "More Settings" option and open it.
- First in the "General" tab, please verify the email address which you had assigned while configuring account.
- Now, switch to the Outgoing Server tab and check the authentication like:"My outgoing server (SMTP) requires an authentication" dialog box.
- You have to check the valid mode of connection which helps to set up a connection with servers. (Under the "Connection" tab)
- At last, go to "Advanced" tab and check the port numbers of POP3 and SMTP connection along with type of encrypted connection (e.g. SSL, TLS)
Others cause which can engender Outlook Error 0x800ccc0d are:
- Make sure that your Microsoft Outlook is connected with Internet.
- Start Outlook in safe mode, If it does not allow to open or access any Outlook profile.
- Firewall/Antivirus: If you are working with firewall on your system, then immediately turn off it or make necessary changes in its settings so it could not evoke any kind of disturbance while filtering Outlook emails. Antivirus should run work with legitimate scanning rules, otherwise it will also become a cause of interruption.
- Blocked ISP (Contact to Internet Service Provider): Blocked server port numbers are quite general issue behind the Microsoft Outlook sending reported error 0x800ccc0d. If Internet Service Provider has been changed the port numbers or blocked it, then contact to your ISP to fix the sending error 0x800ccc0d.